Thursday, July 28, 2005

Four Generations


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love this photo. It's of me, my mom, grandmom, and great-grandmom in Detroit in (i think) 1999. Big Mom (ggrandma) is at least 102 in this photo. She passed away about a year or so after this photo. She was a really sweet woman. She would carry around a purse and did not like it to get our her sight! She also ate garlic cloves regularly. My great aunt vernell took care of her until her last day. My grandmother is also in the photo she lives in Memphis and makes the BEST sweet potato pies! I am going to Memphis in a few weeks and I am sooo looking forward to it. And then there's my ma, the sweetest thing on earth! but also the toughest cookie on earth too! I am very lucky and blessed to come from such a great line of women.

No comments: