Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Recap...

Our weekend was pretty interesting. We had our houseguest "IKE" over on Friday. How interesting... The storm was horrible! The wind and rain were so strong. I couldn't sleep for worrying that the windows were gonna blow in and shatter. Junior slept straight thru it all! I just knew he was gonna be up all night, but he slept well. The power went out around 4 am. We had restored power around 9 am the next morning. We were very blessed to get power back so quickly. Other friends of ours are still without power and some without water! They are prediciting the power could be out for some people for 4 weeks! OMG...

I went to Target to buy some bread and a few other staples and boy was there nothing on the shelves! I mean nothing! Amazing. I never seen it like this. And the lines for gas have been outrageous. I thank God we decided to fill up prior to the storm and made sure we had most of our neccesities. Hubby wants to get a generator ASAP. I hate to spend the money on it, but I think it we were without power for very long it would be great to have.

I took these pictures with my cell phone at Target yesterday!





Tonight hubby bbq'ed and we enjoyed being outside. The weather has been great today. Tonight it's supposed to get down to the the 60s! That's major!!!! We have been in the 90's and 100's most of the summer. I am welcoming a little cool weather these days!

Here are a few pics of my sweet pea drinking his milk before heading to bed. I was snapping away as he watched Backyardigans. Thinking he wasn't paying me any attention. While I was snapping away, he looked at me and said "Cheese!" and smiled at me! I lost it! Too funny! I NEVER tell him to say cheese! Where did he get this from??? LOL... Tottaly tripped me out. Too cute!







Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karissa said...

Trippy pictures at Target. You must have felt like it was the end of the world or something. Glad to hear you weathered the storm all right. Scary weather this year and so early!

Vee said...

I am so glad you and your family are safe and sound!!! WOAH, never seen Target like that, freaky!!! Your guy is the cutest! :)
xo

Ericka said...

LOL! When I was little, I slept through a hurricane in Louisiana and an earthquake in L.A., so I can relate to your l'il guy. OMG! I've never seen a Target that wiped out. That's crazy. Anyway, judging by those cute pics of your son, it looks like everything is alright. I'm glad for that.