Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Christmas at home in AL was really nice. I flew into Atlanta and Mom picked me up from the airport. We stayed at the Residence Inn in Midtown. This was a hotel that my hubby worked at a few years ago. Once we got checked in we were both hungry. We ordered food from Burger Joe's. This was a place that I was familiar with we ordered from their when I worked at A&B which was right across the street. I had a burger and sweet tea and mom had wings. We ate in the bed and watched a documentary about Tatum O'Neal. We slept good and I awoke the next morning determined to get the "free' breakfast. I darted out of the room heading to the hearth room for food. After that we got ready to leave and meet Becky at my fav restuarant South City Kitchen. Lunch was nice i had my normal She Crab Soup and Maryland Crab Cake. Yummy!! After lunch i went by my old job and visit with some of my old co-workers. This was fun. After that mom and I got down to bizness... shopping. We hit Lennox Square. That mall was so buzy! We didn't do much shopping... a bit of people watching. After that we heading to Marshalls, TJMAxx, and DSW. We found some good bargins and got on the road to Alabama kinda late.

The next few days at home were nice. Mom was pretty stressed as she usually gets around the holidays. She had a lot going on. I helped her wrap gifts and get everything ready for Christmas. On christmas day we opened our stockings together. And later in the day we opened our gifts together as well. Mom got me some cute Carlos Santana sandals! And a few other things. After that we had dinner. Tommie even came over!!! WOW! that' hasn't happened in about 5 years. He didn't eat with us but we were glad he was there anyway.

Dad drove me back to the airport on Sunday to ATL. Our trip was very nice. I have such a sweet father. I feel lucky. He is by no means innocent and perfect. But as a father he has always been there for me and gives me great advice and guidance. We got to spend 2 hours talking and catching up on the trip. I throughly enjoyed it. That was a highlight of my trip.

No comments: